The purpose of this research is to demonstrate whether the EquInnoLab. 2D measurement system is valid and, if necessary, how the validity can be improved.
We have developed a 2D marker analysis system which is a technologically functional system. However, we want to reassess the way we use it for the equestrian sports application as a whole. Can we improve to extract even more valuable data from it? We currently mostly use the system for training purposes, but for research it would be good to know how valid our data coming out of our measurements is.
This project is an internship by Stephanie Rietveld, student Motion Technology from our partner De Haagse Hogeschool.
The goals of this project are to develop a new protocol (Standard Operating Procedure) for the 2D EquInnoLab. MOTION system and finding improvements on the way that we currently use and transform data. Questions that this project answers:
- What is best practice for 2D video analysis?
- What phenomena influence the validity of getting 2D coordinates out of the data without calculation?
- What halt-information do we extract and use for further analysis of the dynamic gaits?
- Design a new Standard Operating Procedure for the measurements
- Design the new way of working of the analysis system with the above results